Libvirt has supported qemu commandline option passthrough for qemu/kvm VMs for quite a while. The format for it is a bit of a pain though since it requires setting a magic xmlns value at the top of the domain XML. Basically doing it by hand kinda sucks.
In the recently released virt-manager 1.4.1, we added a virt-install/virt-xml option --qemu-commandline that tweaks option passthrough for new or existing VMs. So for example, if you wanted to add the qemu option string '-device FOO' to an existing VM named f25, you can do:
./virt-xml f25 --edit --confirm --qemu-commandline="-device FOO"
The output will look like:
Friday, March 24, 2017
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
I've just released virt-manager 1.4.1. The highlights are:
- storage/nodedev event API support (Jovanka Gulicoska)
- UI options for enabling spice GL (Marc-André Lureau)
- Add default virtio-rng /dev/urandom for supported guest OS
- Cloning and rename support for UEFI VMs (Pavel Hrdina)
- libguestfs inspection UI improvements (Pino Toscano)
- virt-install: Add --qemu-commandline
- virt-install: Add --network vhostuser (Chen Hanxiao)
- virt-install: Add --sysinfo (Charles Arnold)